Diamonds are the most precious jewels and if you take care in the right way you can keep them as new for the longest time ever.
How to clean Diamonds?
Diamonds are set in metal and due to regular usage/exposure your diamond jewelry will gather dust and film. To remove this, your diamond jewelry needs regular cleaning.
- Wipe your jewelry every now and then with a clean, lint free cloth. This will keep the surface clear & clean.
- Soak and clean your jewelry regularly, especially if you wear it daily. Soak it overnight in a solution of warm water & mild detergent or warm water with a few drops of ammonia.
- Use an old toothbrush, eyebrow or lipstick brush to clean. These bristles are small and will get under the diamond to remove oil & dust. Do not rub to hard, or you may scratch the metal setting.
- Use a strainer to rinse off diamond jewelry, especially rings. Remember those movie scenes where the ring goes down the sink! Dry with a clean cloth.
- Instead of ammonia or detergent, you can use any special jewelry cleaning liquid available at jewelers. Read labels carefully before buying.
- Every year or so, give your diamond jewelry for professional cleaning. Jewelers use ultra sonic or steam cleaning and will also check the setting, so that the stone does not fall out.